There are over 3,390 species of cicadas in the world1. The species on this site represent a fraction of those. Start your journey by choosing a regional link below.
North & Central America
- Common cicadas of the United States and Canada, includes photos, sounds & locations
- 17 & 13 Year Periodical Cicadas, Broods, photos and information.
- Search all species in the U.S. and Canada
- North American Cicada Websites
- The Caribbean
- Cicadas of Africa, includes photos and links to other cicada websites.
- The Central African Republic
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Africa
- Cicadas of Asia, includes photos and links to other cicada websites.
Specific countries and islands:
- Cicadas of Europe, includes photos and links to other cicada websites.
- Cicadas of South America, includes photos and links to other cicada websites.
There are no cicadas in Antarctica, but probably millions of years ago when Antarctica was connected to other continents. Possibly fossils.
1 The Catalogue of the Cicadoidea (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha) by Allen F Sanborn. Academic Press. 14th November 2013.