Cicadas by genus and species organized by geograpic location
There are over 3,390 species of cicadas in the world1. The species on this site represent a fraction of those. Start your journey by choosing a regional link below.
North & Central America
- Common cicadas of the United States and Canada, includes photos, sounds & locations
- 17 & 13 Year Periodical Cicadas, Broods, photos and information.
- Search all species in the U.S. and Canada
- North American Cicada Websites
- The Caribbean
- Costa Rica
- Puerto Rico
- Cicadas of Africa, includes photos and links to other cicada websites.
- The Central African Republic
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Africa
- Cicadas of Asia, includes photos and links to other cicada websites.
Specific countries and islands:
- Cicadas of Europe, includes photos and links to other cicada websites.
- Cicadas of South America, includes photos and links to other cicada websites.
1 The Catalogue of the Cicadoidea (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha) by Allen F Sanborn. Academic Press. 14th November 2013.