Neotibicen similaris apalachicola Marshall and Hill, 2017.
Song type: Call
Source: ©Insect Singers | Species: N. similaris apalachicola
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Neotibicen similaris apalachicola Marshall and Hill, 2017
- Short Name: N. similaris apalachicola
- Where it is found: FL, AL, GA
- Maps: Map
- Description: Black & brown pronotum, black collar, black brown, & dark green mesonotum, black abdomen dorsal side, green coastal margin of wing transitioning into brown, pruinose on ventral side.
- Eye Color: Black
- Pronotal Collar Color: Mostly black
- Song: Insect Singers
Species: Neotibicen similaris
Sub-species: Neotibicen similaris apalachicola Marshall and Hill, 2017
Sub-species: Neotibicen similaris similaris (Smith and Grossbeck, 1907)
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.