Paratalainga distanti (Jacobi, 1902) is a cicada found in Vietnam, Thailand… and likely adjacent nations. One thing that makes this cicada unique, as well as other members of the tribe Talaingini, is the large number of cells that compose its forewings (tegmina with the nervuration densely reticulate).
Paratalainga distanti photo by Richard Newfrock:
Specimen identified using the book The Cicadas of Thailand vol 2 by Michel Boulard (page 286).
Species: Paratalainga distanti (Jacobi, 1902)
Comments Off on Paratalainga distanti (Jacobi, 1902)
Okanagana tristis tristis Van Duzee, 1915
Name, Location and Description
Species: Okanagana tristis tristis Van Duzee, 1915
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.
Comments Off on Okanagana tristis tristis Van Duzee, 1915