Neoplatypedia ampliata (Van Duzee, 1915).
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Neoplatypedia ampliata (Van Duzee, 1915)
- Short Name: N. ampliata
- Where it is found: CA, OR
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: black & some orange. Hairy.
- Eye Color: black
- Pronotal Collar Color: orange
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Identification: iNaturalist
Species: Neoplatypedia ampliata (Van Duzee, 1915)
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.