Platypedia laticapitata Davis, 1921
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Platypedia laticapitata Davis, 1921
- Short Name: P. laticapitata
- Where it is found: CA
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black and hairy with beige/orange highlights
- Eye Color: purplish gray
- Pronotal Collar Color: beige/orange on the edge
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Identification: Bug Guide
- Identification: iNaturalist
Species: Platypedia laticapitata Davis, 1921
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Tribe information comes from: MARSHALL, DAVID C. et al.Â A molecular phylogeny of the cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) with a review of tribe and subfamily classification.Â Zootaxa, [S.l.], v. 4424, n. 1, p. 1—64, may 2018. ISSN 1175-5334. Available at: https://www.biotaxa.org/Zootaxa/article/view/zootaxa.4424.1.1
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.