Okanagana luteobasalis Davis, 1935.
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Okanagana luteobasalis Davis, 1935
- Short Name: O. luteobasalis
- Where it is found: AB, BC, CA, CO, ID, MB, MT, NV, ND, OR, UT, WA, WY
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black with light orange highlights.
- Eye Color: black
- Pronotal Collar Color: light orange
- Type Specimen Details: The American Museum of Natural Species
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Identification: BugGuide
- Identification: iNaturalist
Species: Okanagana luteobasalis Davis, 1935
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.
Leave a Reply