Okanagana cruentifera (Uhler, 1892).
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Okanagana cruentifera (Uhler, 1892)
- Short Name: O. cruentifera
- Where it is found: CA, ID, NV, OR, UT, WY
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black with orange highlights. Hairy.
- Eye Color: Gray
- Pronotal Collar Color: Black with orange rim.
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Identification: iNaturalist
- Identification: BugGuide
Species: Okanagana cruentifera (Uhler, 1892).
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.