We got our first IOWA sighting!
- When will they be gone??? About 2 weeks after the last one emerges. By the time Independence day rolls around, most places will be “liberated” from them.
- What’s that smell??? Like any rotting animal, cicadas emit a funky stank after they die. I think they smell like old bacon grease, other’s say Limburger cheese, wet dog…
- I haven’t seen any cicadas yet, does that mean I won’t see/hear any? Probably; time to get in the car and go to them.
- Cedar River near Atalissa, Iowa
- Lombard and Elmhurst are “cicada heaven”
- At Lake Geneva at Aurora University the Cicada were EVERYWHERE
- Singing in Wheaton
- Palos Heights is crawling with these things.
- All over the place in Wheeling, IL
- EVERYWHERE in Schiller Park
- Big Foot Beach State Park (southern Wisconsin next to Lake Geneva)