Homepage: Cicadas by Genus and Species : U.S.A. & Canada Cicada Search
Platypedia putnami lutea Davis, 1920
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Platypedia putnami lutea Davis, 1920
- Short Name: P. putnami lutea
- Common Name: Putnam's Cicada
- Where it is found: AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black with orange highlights. Hairy.
- Eye Color: black
- Pronotal Collar Color: orange
- Bug Guide: http://bugguide.net/node/view/89812
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.