Okanagana rimosa rimosa (Say, 1830)
Photo credit: Okanagana rimosa by Natasha
Song type: Call
Source: ©Insect Singers | Species: O. rimosa rimosa
Playlists contain multiple videos found on YouTube.
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Okanagana rimosa rimosa (Say, 1830)
- Short Name: O. rimosa rimosa
- Common Name: Say's Cicada
- When: May-July. Peak in June.
- Where it is found: AB, BC, CA, CT, ID, IL, IN, IA, ME, MB, MD, MA, MI, MN, MT, NV, NB, NH, NJ, NY, ND, OH, ON, OR, PA, QC, SD, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: n/a
- Eye Color: n/a
- Pronotal Collar Color: n/a
- Bug Guide: http://bugguide.net/node/view/41209
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Cicada Mania Blog Posts: /cicadas/tag/o-rimosa-rimosa/
- Cicada Mania Image Library: Okanagana rimosa rimosa (Say, 1830) images
- Song: http://www.insectsingers.com/100th_meridian_cicadas/index.html
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.