Okanagana fratercula Davis, 1915.
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Okanagana fratercula Davis, 1915
- Short Name: O. fratercula
- Where it is found: AB, BC, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, OR, WA, WY
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black with beige highlights
- Eye Color: Black
- Pronotal Collar Color: Black rimmed with beige
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Identification: BugGuide
- Identification: iNaturalist
Species: Okanagana fratercula Davis, 1915
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.