Megatibicen tremulus Cole, 2008
Song type: Call
Source: ©Insect Singers | Species: M. tremulus
Playlists contain multiple videos found on YouTube.
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Megatibicen tremulus Cole, 2008
- Short Name: M. tremulus
- Common Name: Cole’s Bush Cicada
- Synonym/Former Name: Tibicen tremulus
- When: June-September, peaks July
- Where it is found: CO, KS, NE, OK, TX
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black, brown, light orange and white pruinosis. Like M. dorsatus in every way.
- Eye Color: light
- Pronotal Collar Color: orange
- Identification: Bug Guide
- Identification: iNaturalist
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Song: Insect Singers
Species: Megatibicen tremulus Cole, 2008
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.