Hadoa townsendii (Uhler, 1905)
Song type: Call
Source: ©Insect Singers | Species: H. townsendii
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Hadoa townsendii (Uhler, 1905)
- Short Name: H. townsendii
- Synonym/Former Name: Tibicen townsendii
- Where it is found: AZ, NM, TX
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black and orange and white (prunosis) camo pattern.
- Eye Color: black
- Pronotal Collar Color: black and orange
- Identification: Bug Guide
- Identification: iNaturalist
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
Species: Hadoa townsendii (Uhler, 1905)
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.