Pacarina shoemakeri Sanborn and Heath, 2012
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Pacarina shoemakeri Sanborn and Heath, 2012
- Short Name: P. shoemakeri
- Common Name: Little Juniper Cicada
- Where it is found: AZ, CO, NM, TX
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Orange and black
- Eye Color: Beige
- Pronotal Collar Color: Orange
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Identification: Bug Guide
- Identification: iNaturalist
Species: Pacarina shoemakeri Sanborn and Heath, 2012
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.