My Goals and Objectives for the Brood II Emergence:
- Continue to spread the word about Brood II periodical cicadas.
- Take excellent photographs of all three 17-year Magicicada species: M. septendecim, M. cassini, and M. septendecula.
- Record the songs of each of the species.
- Document the emergence on video from start to finish.
- Visit some of the events and exhibits at the Staten Island Museum.
- Eat at Chez Catherine a cicada-themed restaurant in Westfield,NJ (Westfield will experience Brood II BTW).
- Travel all around the NJ area, report cicada signings to Cicadas @ UCONN (formerly Magicicada.org).
- Look out for rare white or blue eyed cicadas.
- Meet up with fellow cicada enthusiasts and researchers like Elias Bonaros and Roy Troutman.
- And of course dress the part, and wear cicada-related clothes and paraphernalia.
- Make sure my sister’s chihuahua doesn’t choke on a cicada.
Chances are you might see me during the emergence. I’m told I look like “Lucius Malfoy”.