U.S.A. & Canada Cicadidae
Results filtered for the Location: North Dakota (ND)
|#||Name||Short Name||Common Name||Synonym / Former Name||Location||Map||Description||Reference Sites|
|1||Megatibicen dealbatus (Davis, 1915)||M. dealbatus||Tibicen dealbatus||CO, IA, KS, MT, NE, NM, ND, OK, SD, TX, WY||PDF Map|
|2||Megatibicen pronotalis pronotalis Davis, 1938||M. pronotalis pronotalis||Tibicen pronotalis pronotalis||IA, MO, NE, ND, OK, SD||PDF Map|
|3||Megatibicen pronotalis walkeri Metcalf, 1955||M. pronotalis walkeri||Walker's Cicada||Tibicen marginalis, Tibicen pronotalis walkeri||AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NC, ND, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI, WY||PDF Map|
|4||Neotibicen canicularis (Harris, 1841)||N. canicularis||Dog-day Cicada||AR, CT, DC, IL, IN, IA, KS, ME, MB, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NB, NH, NJ, NY, NC, ND, NS, OH, ON, PA, PE, QC, RI, SC, SD, TN, VT, VA, WV, WI||PDF Map|
|5||Okanagana balli Davis, 1919||O. balli||IL, IA, KS, MN, NE, ND, SD, WI||PDF Map|
|6||Okanagana luteobasalis Davis, 1935||O. luteobasalis||AB, BC, CA, CO, ID, MB, MT, NV, ND, OR, UT, WA, WY||PDF Map|
|7||Okanagana rimosa rimosa (Say, 1830)||O. rimosa rimosa||Say's Cicada||AB, BC, CA, CT, ID, IL, IN, IA, ME, MB, MD, MA, MI, MN, MT, NV, NB, NH, NJ, NY, ND, OH, ON, OR, PA, QC, SD, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY||PDF Map|
|8||Okanagana synodica synodica (Say, 1825)||O. synodica synodica||Walking Cicada||AB, AZ, CA, CO, IA, KS, MO, MT, NE, NM, ND, OR, SD, TX, UT, WY||PDF Map|
- List of species with MAPs: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF] by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips. Download it once; treasure it forever.
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.
- n/a means not (currently) available, not not applicable.
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.
List of Sites Linked To:
- Cicada Mania, which is this website.
- Bill Reynolds's iNaturalist pages.
- ITIS aka Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Insect Images, a site dedicated to insect images.
- The American Museum of Natural Species, which features photos of holotypes of cicadas.
- Bug Guide, which is an guide to insects.
- Insect Singers, which has dozens of cicada song files.
- Magicicada.org, which is the premier resource for Magicicada periodical cicadas.
- Cicada Central, of one the best cicada sites on the web.
- The Annual Cicadas of Arkansas
- Texas Entomology
The SVG Map interface is based on this map from the Wikimedia Commons by Lokal_Profil.