Neotibicen tremulus Cole, 2008
Song type: Call
Source: ©Insect Singers | Species: N. tremulus
Playlists contain multiple videos found on YouTube.
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Neotibicen tremulus Cole, 2008
- Short Name: N. tremulus
- Common Name: Bush Cicada
- Synonym/Former Name: Tibicen tremulus
- Where it is found: CO, KS, NE, OK, TX
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black, brown, light orange and white pruinosis. Like T. dorsatus is every way.
- Eye Color: light
- Pronotal Collar Color: orange
- Bug Guide: http://bugguide.net/node/view/226034
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Song: http://www.insectsingers.com/100th_meridian_cicadas/index.html
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.