Hadoa simplex Davis, 1941
Song type: Call
Source: ©Insect Singers | Species: H. simplex
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Hadoa simplex Davis, 1941
- Short Name: H. simplex
- Synonym/Former Name: Tibicen simplex
- Where it is found: AZ
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black, brown, light orange and white pruinosis. Like T. dorsatus but less pruinosis.
- Eye Color: brown
- Pronotal Collar Color: black and brown
- Bug Guide: http://bugguide.net/node/view/583806
- Type Specimen Details: The American Museum of Natural Species
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.