Hadoa duryi Davis, 1917
Photo credit: Photo by Kathy Hill
Song type: Call
Source: ©Insect Singers | Species: H. duryi
Playlists contain multiple videos found on YouTube.
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Hadoa duryi Davis, 1917
- Short Name: H. duryi
- Synonym/Former Name: Tibicen duryi
- Where it is found: AZ, CO, NM, OK, TX, UT
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Black and orange patterns. White and orange on the abdomen.
- Eye Color: orange
- Pronotal Collar Color: orange
- Bug Guide: http://bugguide.net/node/view/133207
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Bill Reynolds: http://www.inaturalist.org/observations/224424
- Cicada Mania Image Library: Hadoa duryi Davis, 1917 images
- Song: http://www.insectsingers.com/100th_meridian_cicadas/western_species.html
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.