Diceroprocta arizona (Davis, 1916)
Song type: Call
Source: ©Insect Singers | Species: D. arizona
Name, Location and Description
- Cicada Name: Diceroprocta arizona (Davis, 1916)
- Short Name: D. arizona
- Common Name: Scrub Cicada
- Where it is found: AZ
- Maps: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico [PDF]
- Description: Small. Black and beige.
- Eye Color: beige
- Pronotal Collar Color: beige
- Bug Guide: http://bugguide.net/node/view/61836
- Type Specimen Details: The American Museum of Natural Species
- Taxonomic Information: Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- Song: http://www.insectsingers.com/100th_meridian_cicadas/western_species.html
- Some descriptions are based on aged specimens which have lost some or a lot of their color.
List of sources
- Full Binomial Names: ITIS.gov
- Common names: BugGuide.net; The Songs of Insects by Lang Elliott and Wil Herschberger; personal memory.
- Locations: Biogeography of the Cicadas (Hemiptera: Cicadidae) of North America, North of Mexico by Allen F. Sanborn and Polly K. Phillips.
- Descriptions, Colors: personal observations from specimens or photos from many sources. Descriptions are not perfect, but may be helpful.