Roy Troutman has contributed hundreds of photos, news articles and videos to this website.
Some papers Roy has contributed to:
- John R. Cooley Gene Kritsky Marten J. Edwards John D. Zyla David C. Marshall Kathy B. R. Hill Gerry Bunker Mike Neckermann. Periodical cicadas (Magicicada spp.): A GIS-based map of Broods XIV in 2008 and “XV” in 2009. Am Entomol (2011) 57 (3): 144-151. Link to the paper.
- Gene Kritsky, Roy Troutman. The 2014 emergence of a previously unrecognized 13-year brood of periodical cicadas in southwestern Ohio and northern Kentucky. November 2014 · Entomological Society of America Annual Meeting 2014; 11/2014
If you are a member of the press, media, etc, and would like to contact Roy, his email address is email@example.com.
Here are some classic photos from the Gallery:
- Brood XIV Stragglers – Emerging after 21 years
- Tibicen pronotalis
- Eggs and 1st Instar Nymphs
- Roy Troutman 2009 Tibicen superba
- Roy Troutman 2008 Brood XIV
- Roy Troutman 2005 Tibicen Gallery
- Roy Troutman 2004 Gallery
- Roy Troutman 2004 Tibicen Gallery
- Roy Troutman 2004 Gallery of Blue and White-eyed cicadas
- Roy Troutman’s Cicada Photos. Brood XIV cicada photos from 1990-91
- Roy Troutman’s Cicadas Photos from the 1980’s
- Roy Troutman’s Restored Photos from 1987 and 1988 Brood X
Here are Roy’s Videos.