Here is part 2. Jairo of Cigarras do Brasil – Brazilian Cicadas asked for our help to identify some unknown cicada species from Brazil. The following photographs feature cicadas from Brazil we want to identify. We are hoping folks in the cicada research community can help.
Note: All of these cicadas were photographed at Paraibuna, São Paulo. This town is close to the Paraíba Valley (Vale do Paraíba), and to São José dos Campos and Caçapava.
1) Possibly an Ariasa sp. (about 1/2 inch (1,3cm))
2) Possibly a Quesada sodalis (about 1 1/2 inch (4cm))
Cicadas 3, 4 and 5 were identified by David Emery as Fidicinoides picea (Walker, 1850). Learn more about Fidicnoides picea.
3) Identified: Fidicnoides picea.
4) Identified: Fidicnoides picea.
5) Identified: Fidicnoides picea.